Garage and Hobby
About Garage and Hobby
When it comes to thinking about a garage design, one should figure out what the garage will be used for. Some people view a garage as someplace to keep the car safe from outdoor weather hazards or break-ins, as well as a place to store items that do not fit in the house. Others look at a garage as much more than that; it’s a workshop where you can escape to build things such as shelves for the house, fix broken items, repair and reconstruct an old car, or build model airplanes and cars. There are several popular options to look at when looking at a garage plan. You can choose an attached garage which has direct access to your house with a door connecting the two, or you can have a detached garage that is located in the back yard or beside your home. A detached garage offers a lot more design options.
Benefits of Detached Garages
- A detached garage can more easily reduce or even eliminate the garage-dominated façade that many find unattractive.
- A detached garage can be set at an angle to the house, or set back from the house in the back yard.
- If you have a smaller home, adding an attached house could overwhelm it. A detached garage could be a much more aesthetically pleasing option.
- It can at times be easier to add living space with a detached garage than a garage attached to your home.
- Detached garage costs are often a more effective and affordable option than attaching a garage to your home.
Choosing the right garage
Another popular design in garages today is including an apartment above for guests or family members. Garage designs with apartments can add value to your home as well as extra space for large families. When deciding on your garage ideas, you will want to be sure to have enough space in the garage to fit one or all of your cars and to still have room for shelving or cabinet units to store necessary home items, such as tools, gardening supplies, and holiday decorations. Bradford Buildings has many different styles of buildings to choose from to fit your storage needs. We build buildings ranging from stud frame garages to post-frame structures or pole barns. No matter what your garage plans and designs are, we can help create the perfect space to suit your needs. Whether you only need a garage to store the car in or a place to store gardening tools, yard equipment, or holiday decorations or if you need to add a studio apartment to your garage or workshop, we can build a simple or detailed garage to fit your needs. We offer experienced work crews who pay attention to detail and care about the quality of construction. Open lines of communication from project conception until completion and a high level of customer service show our dedication to building a high-quality garage for you.
Bradford Buildings General Building Specifications
- 1 Overhead Garage Door (Standard options are 9×7, 10×7, 16×7)
- 1 Steel Walk Door (6-Panel)
- Smart Panel Siding
- 30 Year, Dimensional Shingles
- 8′ Walls (2×4, 16″ on Center)
- 4″ Concrete Pad (Reinforced with ½” Rebar on 2’ Centers)
- 12″ Concrete Footing (Except where Code Requirements Differ)
- Fascia and Soffit
- 24 Foot Wide and Under Stick Built – 2 x 6 Rafter and Joist – 24″ on Center
- 26 Foot Wide and Over Factory – Built Trusses – 24″ on Center
- All Basic Buildings Priced on Level Lots
Optional Specialty Features:
- Glass in Overhead Doors
- Glass in Walk-In Doors
- Extra Wall Height
- Any Roof Pitch You Require
- Trusses with Storage
- Extra Windows
- Extra Doors – (Overhead or Walk-in Doors)
- 4″ Raised Curb Around Floor Perimeter (Walls are Seated on)
- Concrete Driveways
- Concrete Aprons
- 12 x 20
- 18 x 20
- 22 x 22
- 24 x 24
- 24 x 30
- 30 x 30
- 30 x 36
- 24 x 36
- 30 x 40
We can also custom build to fit your needsBuilding has a 5 year warranty for workmanship. We are not responsible for misuse and acts of God.
I worked with Monte on a new project and he is very professional. I have seen his quality of work first hand. I would highly recommend Bradford Buildings for quality Pole Barns in Tulsa and surrounding areas.Nate F.
Kenley finished up my pole barn last night and it looks really nice.
I have to say that Kenley, Seth and all the guys involved did a great job and were real easy to talk to and get along with. I’m real happy with the building and how it looks. I’d recommend you guys to anyone.
Thanks for all your help.
Get A Detailed Quote
You are invited to contact us or any of our sales dealers for a detailed quote, free of charge, with no high-pressure tactics and no obligation to buy. Click the link below to get started!